Join us on Saturday, April 14th, from 10am-3pm for an Idyllwilde Indigo Dye - Pattern and Process Workshop at the private residence of Debbie Folkerts (address will be sent via email before the workshop). Workshop will include...
- Learn the history and chemistry of the organic indigo dye vat
- Learn to set up an organic indigo dye vat
- Learn basic shibori resist -dyeing techniques - the art of folding, clamping and binding to create pattern
- Dye a number of practice samples, as well as a cotton bandana and an 18" X 72" length of linen (suitable for a long scarf or table runner)
- Lunch and drinks will be provided
- You will leave with your dyed items as well as a jar of indigo vat starter, so that you can set up your own vat at home
Workshop fee: $100.00